In this tutorial I will show you how to overclock your Motorola Backflip to get the most performance out of it. Stock maximum speed of Backflip’s CPU is 528 MHz after overclock you will get 748 MHz!
Note: Don’t try this patch with Froyo 2.2.1 for Backflip
- Download the overclocked kernel for your Motorola Backflip here signed-bf.MT.kernel.2.13.11.zip.
- Update your Motorola Backflip to the custom 2.1 Eclair Rom, it has Multitouch capability and other great features like Ext4, JIT, tethering etc. too
Steps to Flash the Motorola Backflip Overclock Kernel:
- Copy the zip file downloaded in Req. 1 to the SD Card of your phone as you did for the zip file in Eclair update process.
- Reboot the phone in recovery mode :
- Turn Off your Backflip.
- Press the camera button and while you hold it, press the power button.
- Fast boot screen appears, press volume down key, and Recovery Menu appears.
- Navigate to Update with Zip file, with the help of volume up and down button, Press Power button to select it.
- Now select “signed.BF.MT.patch.v1.5.x.zip” and push power to select and again to confirm.
- Flashing will start after completion Reboot the phone. And now enjoy your overclocked speedy Backflip.
You might also want to read 11 Tips to Increase the performance (speed) and battery life of your Android phone
Subscribe to feed and like this page