Finally here is the Long Awaited and promised CyanogenMod 6.1.2 – the best Custom Android Froyo 2.2.1 ROM for Motorola Backflip / Motus / MB300. This Custom ROM is built from source so it is completely free of AT&T crap and MotoBlur!
Thanks to Patrick Jacques
- Multitouch Support
- Overclocked Kernel
- Tethering Enabled
- JIT Enabled
- Camera Enhancements
- Optimized ROM for speed
- And many many more for you to discover
So all the Motorola Backflip users who previously updated with the Eclair tutorial enjoy this Froyo 2.2.1!
Now all Motorola Backflip users can enjoy Android Froyo 2.2.1 along with all the goodies that come along!
Note: I am using this Froyo ROM on my everyday phone but it has some minor issues, which will be solved soon
- Download the recovery j_r0dd-mb300-v2.0, unzip and copy to your phone’s SD card.
- Download the Custom ROM : Froyo 2.2.1 for Motorola Backflip. And copy to your phone’s SD card.
- Download the Gapps : GApps for Froyo 2.2.1 – Motorola Backflip. And copy to your phone’s SD card.
- Download the AZERTY Patch : AZERTY Patch for French keyboard – Motorola Backflip. And copy to your phone’s SD card.
- Download Motorola Backflip USB drivers for 32bit/x86 or 64bit/x64 and install.
- Download the android sdk adb tool and extract it in your C drive.
- Backup all your data (songs, images, videos, contacts, etc.) on phone and sd card.
new Froyo releases (issues fixed, features added)
and major releases like Android Gingerbread 2.3 for Backflip
If you are a VIVO, Oi, TIM, Personal Móvil Argentina, Optus & Telcel user then download signed-IT_radio.zip and copy to sd card, and flash this before step 11 and reboot, then continue from step 10. It will update your outdated radio version, which is needed for this ROM.
Procedure to get Froyo Up and Running:
- First of all you should root your Motorola Backflip, if not already have.
- Open command prompt, by typing “cmd” in run.
- Open C drive and navigate to “C:\adb\”.
- Drag n drop the adb.exe file in command prompt and in the same line type “start-server”, and hit enter. The ADB server will start. Now plug in your phone make sure its in USB Debugging mode.
- Drag n drop adb.exe again in command prompt and type “shell” and hit enter.
- type “su” enter and approve the request on phone if prompted, then type
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
- Now you have custom recovery on your phone. #Milestone – 1
- Reboot phone in recovery mode – power off phone –> press and hold camera button –> switch on phone while keeping camera button pressed.Phone will enter fast boot, immediately press volume down key(though will say up pressed) and wait until recovery loads.
- On your recovery menu goto Wipe and select “Wipe all” this will delete all data and cache off your phone.
- Press back button to go back to main recovery menu and select “Flash zip from SD”. You’ll see the text “SDCARD: cyanogenmod-6.1.2”. Press the home key. ROM will begin flashing
- After flashing the Froyo you will have to flash the Gapps you downloaded to get Android Market etc.
- After completion, select “Reboot system now”. It may take up to 10-15 minutes to boot for the first time.
Enjoy your new Motorola Backflip phone with this fast Custom Froyo 2.2.1 ROM and the goodness of CyanogenMod 6.1.2