All the users can now forget their Motorola Cliq 2.1 update and update the slow and sluggish Android 2.1 to this fast and tweaked Android 2.2 Froyo ROM. This ROM is built from source so it is completely free of T-Mobile crap and MotoBlur!
Now all Motorola Cliq users can enjoy Android Froyo 2.2.1 along with all the goodies that come along!
Note: This Froyo 2.2 ROM has some minor issues, which will be solved!
- Download the recovery j_r0dd-mb200-v2.0, unzip it and copy the reccovery.img file to your phone’s SD card.
- Download the Custom ROM : Froyo 2.2.1 for Motorola Cliq. And copy the signed zip file to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Download the: Multitouch Patch for Motorola Cliq. And copy the extracted zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Download the AZERTY Keyboard Patch(use if required) : AZERTY keyboard for Motorola Cliq. And copy to your phone’s SD card.
- Download the USB drivers for Motorola Cliq 32bit/x86 or 64bit/x64 and install them on your pc.
- Download the android sdk adb tools and extract it in your C drive.
- Backup all your data (songs, images, videos, contacts, etc.) on phone and sd card.
|*Your Email Address:|
Procedure to get Froyo Up and Running on your Motorola Cliq:
- First of all you should root your Motorola Cliq, if you have not already.
- Open command prompt, by typing “cmd” in run and enter.
- Open C drive and then navigate to the “C:\adb\” folder.
- Drag andn drop the adb.exe file in command prompt and then in the same line type “ start-server”, and hit enter. This will start the ADB server, and your Cliq can now communicate with your PC. Now plug in your phone with the USB cable and also make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled.
- Drag n drop adb.exe again in command prompt and type “ shell” and hit enter.This will spin a shell on your Motorola Cliq.
- type “su” enter and approve the request on your phone if prompted, then type
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
- Now you have custom recovery on your phone. #Milestone – 1
- Now Reboot your phone in recovery mode by – power off phone –> press and hold camera button –> switch on phone while keeping camera button pressed.Phone will enter in fast boot, immediately press volume down key(though will say up pressed) and wait until the recovery menu loads.
- Now we will wipe all the old data of your previous ROM. Make sure you have backed up the files needed from your internal phone memory or extended partition. Now wipe the data – On your recovery menu goto Wipe option and select “Wipe all”.
- Press the back button to go back to the main recovery menu and choose the option “Flash zip from SD”. You’ll see the text “SDCARD: froyo-2.2-motorola-cliq-signed.zip”. Press the home key to select and the ROM will begin flashing :).
- After flashing the Froyo ROM Update, you will have to flash the Multitouch Patch you downloaded to get multitouch capabilities in Google Maps, Web Browser, Gallery etc.
- Optional Step: If you are a AZERTY keyboard user then on your Motorola Cliq, flash the AZERTY patch.
- After all of the above mentioned process is completed, select “Reboot system now”. It may take upto 10-15 minutes to boot for the first time.
Enjoy your new Motorola Cliq phone with this fast Custom Froyo 2.2.1 ROM and the goodness of CyanogenMod 6.1.2